ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A CAREER NOT JUST A JOB?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR CAREER ADVANCEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A JOB THAT CAN HAVE AN IMPACT?
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS FOR YOU!
Here at KP Building Products, our employees are at the forefront of everything we do. We are the leading Canadian manufacturer and distributor of vinyl siding and strive to be the best in customer experience. We are a company rich in history and proud to be Canadian owned and operated.
The Extrusion Operator “B” is responsible for operating and tending plastic extrusion machines. The Extrusion Operator “B” ensures production goals are met, and works closely with the production and quality team to ensure the product is to the quality standards. Progressive learning to become an Operator “A” to complete tasks such as start-ups, die removal and cleaning, set-ups, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all lines are running without quality concerns at the beginning and throughout your shift.
- Keep in contact, if need arises, with Lead Hand Operator, Packer and Production Supervisor when changes occur. (eg. colour changes, scrapping, etc.).
- Help other operators when needed and if possible.
- Make all colour and gloss checks on time and scrap out of spec product when necessary.
- Make all quality checks as required. Finished products must match all quality standards assigned. (eg. Cosmetic, Functional, and Appearance etc.).
- Maintain maximum regrind use and line speed standards.
- Assist in line changeovers including die removal and replacement.
- Maintain housekeeping of your lines and workstation.
- Light maintenance, minor repairs and adjustments to correct extrusion problems.
- Operator extrusion, downtime tracking and running sheets are completed.
- Packer relief as needed.
- Follow any reasonable request from a Supervisor.
- Follow KP Building’s ISO quality management system.
- Participate in training as required by the company.
- Adhere to all applicable company policies and procedures, including quality and health and safety.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Competed high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- One (1) year experience as an extrusion operator within a manufacturing environment, preferably plastics extrusion is an asset
- Machine Operator experience an asset
- Ability to work 12 hour continental shifts. (42 hours a week)
- Safety glasses and boots are required throughout the plant; PPE as required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.