Here at KP Building Products, our employees are at the forefront of everything we do. We are the leading Canadian manufacturer and distributor of vinyl siding and strive to be the best in customer experience. We are a company rich in history and proud to be Canadian owned and operated.
We are looking for a skilled Machinist to operate a variety of machines to perform assigned tasks. You will produce or repair precision parts using both manual and automated equipment and accurate measurements. The goal is to ensure effective production operations and optimize procedures.
- Competitive compensation
- Compensation increase after probationary period!
- Health and Dental benefits
- Ongoing training initiatives
- Yearly Safety Boot Allowance
- Prescription Safety Glasses Allowance
- BBQs and much more!
- Calculate dimensions or tolerances, using instruments such as micrometers or Vernier calipers.
- Measure dimensions of completed work pieces to verify conformance to specifications.
- Machine parts to specifications, using machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines or grinders.
- Detect problems by listening for specific sounds.
- Adjust cutting speed to compensate for harmonic vibrations.
- Operate grinding equipment and cutting equipment.
- Set up, adjust, or operate basic or specialized machine tools used to perform precision machining operations.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, or materials onto machines.
- Mount attachments or tools onto production equipment.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Monitor equipment operation to ensure proper functioning.
- Maintain machine tools in proper operational condition.
- Exchange information with colleagues.
- Lay out, measure, and mask metal stock to display placement of cuts.
- Minimum 2 years proven experience as machinist
- Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders etc.)
- Ability to use precision tools (e.g. calipers) to take accurate measurements
- Knowledge of the properties of metal and other material
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items
- High school diploma or equivalent; completion of vocational training
- Full Time
- Brampton, Ontario
We thank all candidates for their interest in our organization, however due to the number of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.