Maintenance Supervisor (Acton Plant)
Here at KP Building Products, our employees are at the forefront of everything we do. We are the leading Canadian manufacturer and distributor of vinyl siding and strive to be the best in customer experience. We are a company rich in history and proud to be Canadian owned and operated.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for supervising and managing a team of Technicians to effectively support this high-paced production facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for making sure that all the processes run safely and smoothly, while keeping a close eye on the equipment utilization and preventative maintenance programs. The successful candidate will also work closely with other departments to maximize results and strive for ongoing continuous improvement.
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Health and Dental benefits (after 3 months)
- Group RRSP/Pension plan
- Ongoing training initiatives
- Opportunity for growth
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Multi-craft mechanical skills coupled with minimum 4-6 years of supervisory/management experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the plastics extrusion industry.
- Superior technical knowledge of manufacturing equipment/systems, combined with solid problem solving and analytic skills.
- Hands on technical skills with respect to Mechanical Assembly, Machine Repair, Electrical Systems, Hydraulic Systems, Pneumatic systems, PLC control and logic systems, welding and basic manual machining skills are a definite asset
- Proven leadership skills to manage performance and inspire team to achieve results. Assertive communication skills both verbally and written.
- Demonstrated operating skills in organizing, planning and time management, as well as getting work done through others with the ability to manage and measure team members work progress.
- Proficient knowledge of computers and office automation tools such as Excel.
- This position will be days and on call 24/7
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Professional Certifications (Electrician, Millwright, or Tool & Die) will be considered an advantage
- Fast paced production environment
- Exposure to a noisy environment and outside weather conditions
- Overtime as required
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those candidates who fit the requirements of the role will be contacted.
KP Products is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, KP Products will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.