The Millwright is responsible for safely and effectively repairing, installing and maintaining production machines and mechanical equipment. The Millwright reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor. A certified welding experience is an asset for this position.
- Competitive compensation
- Straight dayshift, Monday-Friday.
- Tools supplied.
- Health and Dental benefits, and RRSP.
- Ongoing training initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for safely and effectively repairing, installing, and maintaining production, building, and property equipment.
- Trouble shooting, repairs or installations of processing and packaging equipment.
- Carry out oral or printed work requests and apply corrective action.
- Perform regular Work Orders, account for inventory and labor.
- Fabricating for equipment repairs and/or upgrades.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid 433A license
- Familiarization with extruding machinery would be considered an asset.
- Mechanical knowledge of power transmission, pneumatics, hydraulics & electronics.
- Be able to read and understand mechanical drawings/schematics.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Required to work during scheduled shutdowns, and as necessary, overtime and call-ins to accommodate the maintenance of equipment.
- Safety glasses and boots are required throughout the plant; PPE as required.
- Will be required to work at heights
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.