Oracle Middleware Analyst
Here at KP Building Products, our employees are at the forefront of everything we do. We are the leading Canadian manufacturer and distributor of vinyl siding and strive to be the best in customer experience. We are a company rich in history and proud to be Canadian owned and operated.
The Business Analyst provides functional analysis, requirements gathering, Oracle functional setup and configuration, liaison with technical and development team, testing facilitation, and fully participate in the deployment of Oracle Middleware upgrade and enhancements projects. This position plays a key role in translating the needs of the business into system based business requirements.
- Combines business knowledge and an understanding of the inner-workings and configuration options of Oracle Middleware
- Will bring expertise, knowledge and experience to the Applications team as a senior system expert with leadership and drive, interfacing with IT peers and business users;
- Will work with internal customers, external consultants and vendors to support project and operational tasks, as they relate to the Oracle Middleware environment;
- Understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions to enable the organization to achieve its goals;
- Support business driven projects that integrate with both in-house systems and cloud-based applications
- Gather, document, clarify, and validate business requirements.
- Works with management team, ticket owners and applications support team to set priorities and expectations.
- Clarify and document current-state, future-state, and the gap that exists between the two states.
- Develop and document solution design alternatives, and then lead a group through the collaborative process of finalizing recommendations and documenting rationale.
- Must have experience creating use cases, process flows and RICE artifacts.
- Estimate high-level issues resolution timelines and resource requirements.
- Lead end users through training and testing by documenting user guides, training materials, business processes, test plans, and then performing the required in-person reviews of the material.
- Analyzes Help Desk tickets for trends and actions.
- Ability to create simple to very complex SQL queries to support ad hoc data needs and perform edits to other existing scripts.
- OBIEE and CX knowledge of base tables and relationships.
- Full understanding of Oracle ODI architecture, set up and functions.
- Knowledge of Oracle ICS functionality an asset.
- Knowledge of XML reports, API, PL/SQL, OBIEE and other relevant packages.
- Previous lead role on Oracle implementation(s) a plus.
- Fully participate in cross-functional business projects.
- University degree in Computer Science or any other related field.
- 4+ years of Oracle Middleware experience implementing and supporting: OBIEE 11g. Experience with CX v. 11.x (21A) an asset.
- Must have comfortable communicating with key stakeholders
- Proven experience in an Agile development environment
- Experience creating documentation for end-users
- Previous experience in Manufacturing and or retail industry, an important asset
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment, with a strong emphasis on effective time management
- Recognized team player who is able to positively influence
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written (English is a must)
- Health and Dental benefits (after 3 months)
- Group RRSP
- Ongoing training initiatives
- In-house training
- Opportunity for growth
- Casual Dress Environment
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those candidates who fit the requirements of the role will be contacted.
KP Products is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, KP Products will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.