The QC Inspector is responsible for ensuring manufactured products meets requirements in accordance with specified criteria and standards. The QC Inspector will work closely with the production team to ensure continuous improvement, corrective and preventative measures, and customer satisfaction initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify problems and issues regarding the quality of products.
- Identify products on timing bases and make sure that products meet customer specifications and standard.
- Use knowledge of dimensional measurements and different measuring tools and/or devices (caliper, measuring tape, scale, colour meter, impact tester, water bath, oven) to test specifications; read blueprints.
- Perform visual and dimensional in-process and/or production samples inspection for extruded profiles.
- Check injection, fittings and assembly department’s production.
- Measure and verify functions of “first off” production samples in the beginning of new orders.
- Prepare test samples and perform impact test, shrink test, heat test for each profile as required.
- Record inspection and test data; keep filing system in order.
- Perform final inspection of finish goods.
- Track and log non-conformance reports.
- Follow Plastmo’s ISO quality management system.
- Participate in training as required by the company.
- Adhere to all applicable company policies and procedures, including quality and health and safety.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Completed high school diploma, or equivalent.
- One (1) year of experience in plastic related quality control role, preferably within the window manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge of impact and heat testing.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work rotating shifts (11:30am to 8:00pm and 11:30pm to 8:00am)
- Safety glasses and boots are required throughout the plant; PPE as required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.